oddities, observations, & ?'s...#18


              


  

  Dolly Parton wasn't on my radar during my broadcast career.  Dolly jokes were cheap fodder for those who liked cheap fodder.  However, her longevity proved her genius.  She was a force who will be missed.    

   My Kroger supermarket has a 7 foot tall robot roaming the aisles.  

  HUH?  What's up with that?  

  The vertical spy has one eye and the body is cylindrical and sits on a round, motorized, disk.  It moves silently among the customers and supposedly is looking at inventory to determine what shelves need to be restocked.  Employees have named their newest member, Tally.

  I am convinced only young people look good on FaceTime.  It must be a software issue.

  Useless gibberish.  Why is backyard one word while front yard is two words?

  I followed Pope Leo's trip to Spain.  The King's wife is beautiful.   Long live the king.

  More words or phrases I use or have used my grandkids will never say:  flummoxed, bamboozled, bet your bottom dollar, how do I open a Venmo account.  

  It is not a coincidence the same letters are used to spell binary as brainy because only the brainy can understand binary.

  The Progressive Insurance commercials about being like our parents are really funny and creative.

  I think all presidents should have to pass the Richard Nixon test to stay in office.  If he or she fails the test, Give 'em the boot!  And, that includes today's version of, I am not a crook. 

  A tip of the hat to the LFD.  They answered the call to the house across the street from us in just a few minutes and saved the entire outer structure.  Forgotten candles were the cause. 

  It seems it is human nature for neighbors to gather outside a home that is on fire.  I would wager the same questions are asked at each event:  does anybody know what happened or how the fire started?  was anybody home?  who called the fire department? `

  There was a time when most working adults and/or parents tuned to AM Radio for the morning weather before leaving the house or letting their children go to school.  Today, we walk into the kitchen and vocalize a command to Alexa or Siri.

  Speaking of All Knowing Alexa.  Regina (RG) and I can cite multiple times when an advertisement will pop up on Alexa's screen regarding something RG and I have talked about in Alexa's presence. 

  A novel that has caught my interest recalls a time in our history when distillers made whiskey with dead snakes, rats, and bats.  

  Louisville has a new dog bakery on the Eastside called, WoofGang Bakery and Grooming.  The "O" letters in the sign above the front doors are animal paws.  

  I also saw a truck for a lawn service called, Crew Cuts.   

  Coming up:  a what's the story; another job$ somebody's gotta do, and;  another oddities, observations, & ?'s 

  And, finally.  I remember my brother Dave telling me how much his students appreciated him teaching them how to write a personal check in his Business classes at  Arsenal Tech High School in Indianapolis.  With that in mind, here is another reminder of an age gone by.  

  I walked into my bank and saw three available tellers, Juan, TJ, and, Abby.  Combined their ages might hit 70.  TJ yelled a greeting so I chose to approach him and asked:

   TJ, do you have a couple check registers?                                                                                   

   My question was met with a blank stare before he said,  I might, but, what are they?                          

   You know, like a diary.  You keep track of the checks you write, the amount and all that.

   Hmm, no, I haven't seen anything like that, he guessed.  But, I can look.                                             

   TJ?  Have you ever written a check?                                                                                   

   No, not really.  I wrote one out for my mom once, but, that was a long time ago, he replied.      

  HUH?  What's up with that?                                                                                             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in the air...